Now, this here’s something you can easily whip up as a snack or light appetizer. It’s actually pretty basic stuff–you can add more fillings as you please. But I want my quesadillas simple and cheesy, so that is what I made.
What I used:
- 2 pcs. wheat flour tortillas
- Del Monte sweet style pizza sauce
- grated cheddar cheese
What I did:
- Brush a thin layer of margarine on both sides of both tortillas.
- Fry one tortilla on a flat non-stick pan, then flip to cook the other side just until the edges are slightly crunchy. Remove tortilla from pan.
- Fry the other tortilla, then flip to cook the other side just until the edges are slightly crunchy.
- While waiting for the other side to cook, quickly spread pizza sauce on top to cover the whole tortilla.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the sauce and then cover with the previously cooked tortilla.
- Flip the quesadilla once the bottom is nicely spotted with brown.
- Wait a few moments from the cheese to melt and glue the two tortillas together.
- Remove from heat, cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy! 🙂
I read somewhere online that the secret to crunchy tortillas is having very little oil when frying them. But instead of the oil, I just brushed the margarine (you could probably use butter too) directly onto the tortilla. Worked nicely, gave them a little salty taste too. 😉