This only works if you live outside the US.
It’s actually pretty easy. All you have to do is ask them to remove the special offers. What, that simple? Yes! 😀 I opted to do just that via chat. Here’s how I did it:
- Log in to Amazon account and go to Amazon’s Contact Us page.
- In option/question 1 ‘What can we help you with?’, choose the tab ‘Amazon Devices and Kindle Apps’.
- Choose the Kindle whose specials offers you want to remove. In my case, it was Nathalie’s Kindle 2.0.
- In option 2 ‘Tell us more about your issue’, select ‘Kindle E-reader’ as the issue.
- Choose ‘Something else’ in the next drop-down menu.
- Put in ‘Cancel Kindle special offers’ as short summary of issue.
- Select ‘Chat’ as your mode of contact.
- Type in a short initial message in the pop-up chat window, like so:For the sake of posterity, you may want to have the chat transcript emailed to you after. In that case, check the tick box below the message.
- Here’s how it went:
- Once you receive confirmation that the special offers have been removed, sync then restart your Kindle. You should get the same pop-up notice:
Congratulations, no more special offers! 😀