So in my 6 months here in the US, I have (in no particular order):
- gotten married 💜 to my best friend and long-time boyfriend;
- filed for Adjustment of Status (for my green card);
- gone on a mini vacation in Wenatchee, WA;
- gotten a KitchenAid mixer (wedding gift from one of my closest friends);
- enrolled in a free online course; and
- gotten depressed every now and then.
Yep, I have not exactly had the most exciting of times, what with covid and all. 😅 I would have wanted to work even part-time, but I cannot jeopardize my green card application by working without the employment authorization. Speaking of which, I have already called USCIS for an expedite request and have not had any update yet. Really really hoping it gets approved, and soon.
Hopefully, the coming half year would be more productive. There are some things I need to get done sometime soon when I have the necessary paperworks, like:
- get a Driver’s License;
- get a Social Security number;
- open a joint checking account (for our expenses);
- open a personal savings account; and
- look for work.
Keeping my finger crossed I get my EAD/AP combo card soon so I could finally begin checking those things off my to-do list. 🤞🏼 Wish me luck!